Thursday 19 November 2009

Some relations from my father's side in County Clare


Photo of my Grandmother, Ellen Spellacy Keane, her daughter, my Aunt "Baby" and her daughters Margaret and Anita. My Grandmother was a Spellacy from Kilmaley, Co. Clare (Cill Mháille, Co.an Chláir). Her daughter Baby was a fine concertina player and notice her little daughter Anita who would later marry John Garry, also from Lavalla, Ballynacally (Baile na Caillí) and from a very musical family. They have a grown-up daughter Sheila Garry who is a well known fiddle player with beautiful CDs to her credit and is a past member of "The Kilfenora Céilí Band". The other two brothers of the Garry's are my dear friends Mike and Jimmy who live here in New York and are also related through their Mother's side to Sharon Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment